Identify and observe chemical changes through candy making, while also understanding what distinguishes each type of candy, for example how a hard candy and a caramel are different. Since candy labs are more dangerous, we will also build skills in using equipment safely and safety preparedness.
- Learners Will:
- engage with the scientific process
- make and share observations, predictions, conclusions
- build mathematical skills by interpreting tables and graphs look and temperature
- build an understanding of crystallization and its important role in candy making (how crystals are formed)
- understand the importance of temperature in the chemical change of sugar
- explore solutions, and identify their characteristics